Updating Your Favorite
Following are some of the highlights you can expect
to find with the most recent versions of Internet Explorer or Netscape
NEW FEATURES WITH INTERNET EXPLORER 6
2) Image Toolbar Feature - This convenient little feature allows you to easily save, send (via e-mail) and print pictures on your web pages. You can view all your saved pictures in the My Pictures folder.
3) Seeing the Big Picture - When a picture is too big to view in your browser window, Explorer 6 takes care of the problem by automatically resizing photos to fit. No more scrolling up, down or sideways to see the entire photo. And to prevent distortion, it will also adjust the height and width automatically.
4) Watching and Listening on the Web - The Media Bar's simple controls allow you to play music, video, or mixed-media files without having to open another window. You can also control the audio volume, select the media files or tracks you want to play, play Windows Media files, or listen to Internet radio stations.
NEW FEATURES WITH NETSCAPE 7
1) Radio@Netscape - This simple-to-use player provides more than 175 radio station options to choose from. You can customize it by selecting from a wide variety of music categories, or listen to the choices of a guest music artist DJ.
2) Tabbed Browsing - You can easily keep track of several sites or pages at once by viewing them within a single browser window. By simply clicking between pages using the new tabbed interface, you'll surf quicker and with a lot less cluttered desktop.
3) Control the Pop-ups - This feature lets you determine how pop-ups are viewed by the browser. (Pop-ups are windows, usually ads, that appear over or under your main browser window.)
4) Point, Select and Search - Begin a search on any word by simply selecting the word with your mouse, right-click and then choose Web Search for that word. The search results will appear in a new browser window, as well as in My Sidebar.
The tutorials below will help you find and install the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape. (Note: Installing the updates may take up to a few hours depending on your modem speed. Also be sure to check the system requirements for each update before you install it.)
Story | Different
Strokes | Internet
Connections | Browser Basics | E-mail
Back to Basics | FAQs | Website Reviews | Glossary | Tutorials | Helpful Sites | Broadband Basics